Monday, January 17, 2011

Don't Trip Up: Travel Packing Made Easy

I have the good fortune of doing a fair amount of international leisure travel, which I love.  And I forever seem to be answering the question, “When you take a trip overseas, what are your must-have items?”  So each day this week I will be featuring a different item that I consider to be the perfect traveling companion and why it works so well.
The coat you wear is of utmost importance when you take a trip.  You need something that works for touring sites outside (no matter the weather), is not too bulky to have on inside museums and such, elegant enough for dinner or the theater, and practical enough for hoping on a train for a day trip.  For me, that’s my rain-proof Burberry trench with a zip out wool lining.  I purchased my coat back in 2002 and it is still a staple of my travel wardrobe.  A Burberry is an investment piece, but when I think of all of the use I have gotten out of mine it has definitely earned it’s keep.  The trench style is one of the most fashionable and practical choices a girl can put on before she takes off.
This silhouette can elevate the most basic of looks, as a defined waist brings polish.  Water-proofing and a removable lining let’s you travel through variety of climates with ease.  Alas, I scoured the web to try to find my exact coat to share with you, but Burberry does not appear to be making zip out linings anymore.  However, this model features a button trim that changes a full length trench to a cropped one which is another very clever solution.
Here are several takes on this classic style, all at a variety of price points.  

 1, 2, 3, 4 

What about you?  Do you have a favorite coat to take when traveling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...