Thursday, January 13, 2011

Creature Comforts

Whenever I have the time, I pop into Bloomingdale’s Home Store downtown Chicago.  Housed in a renovated Medinah temple, shopping under the gorgeous dome and amongst the stain glass windows transcends the browsing experience.  From linens, to silver and china, to kitchen cookery and appliances, you will find it there.  But at Bloomingdale’s the opulent shares shelf space with the whimsy, as evident by this charming dog dish from Alessi that I fell in love with. 
Admittedly, I could not make peace with the $90 piece tag.  But this jar I found for $40 may soon make its way to my shopping cart.  Can’t you just imagine it holding mini dog treats?  
What do you think – design for the dogs taking things too far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...